Friday, March 31, 2017

I See You

How many times do you trudge along in your day wondering if God is present?

I do.

Then something happens to bring tangible evidence of His presence.  A fingerprint of His faithfulness and care.

My son was home on spring break from college and we asked if he would take his sister to a party.  He had to pick her up at another function first.  As most of us locals know, it has been raining for MONTHS!!!  The roads can be scary with the flooding.

Having not driven for some time and the conditions of the road, my son was cautious as he drove on the highway to get his sister to her party.

In a split second a car hydroplaned and made a sharp turn directly in front of my son crashing both cars.  The water on the roads caused the cars to spin out of control, stopping to face oncoming traffic.
This highway is always very very busy.  It wasn't this day. That never happens.

God was present.  His hand caused a nurse who was driving behind my son to stop and check on my kids.  His Hand caused the Search and Rescue Team right behind them to stop and direct traffic while the damaged cars were moved to the side.

The cars were totaled, but God protected my kids, the other driver and passenger to walk away with very little but a scratch and adrenaline.

That night, hubby and I attended a concert by Bryan Duncan.  This song he shared with us, made me thankful for God's hand in the accident, and the reminder that even if I don't feel Him near, God sees me.  When I look for Him, I will see him too, in ways that I don't expect to find Him.

I see you watching over me every day another way That I can see your love I see you lookin out for me all I wanna do is
Thank you thank you Under a bridge or up on a mountain See you in everything like stars I'm countin On streets of gold, on just mud and gravel You're always with me on this road I travel The straight and narrow goes up and down Don't leave a place for me to turn around in But I can make it cause you're waving me through I see the signs that I do, and I do I find you I see you watching over me every day another way That I can see your love I see you lookin out for me all I wanna do is Thank you thank you Thank you thank you That's right Help I can use or none to speak of No way I'm gonna lose, I trust in your love Whatever comes I'd rather face it all together I see a clue know it's yo, and I remember I see you watching over me every day another way That I can see your love I see you lookin out for me all I wanna do is Thank you thank you Thank you thank you And that's right Bridge (In ways no one can see) Ways no one can see (To show no one but me) Show no one but me (Remind me that you're here) Remind me Lord When all things are possible but not so easy I see you watching over me every day another way That I can see your love I see you lookin out for me all I wanna do is Thank you thank you