Friday, April 8, 2016

Unraveled and Undone

Heavy loads we carry.

Heavy hearts broken from the wounds left by this world.

Mourning losses too deep for words.

Jagged pieces of a broken promise, broken dream, broken hope.

Tears burn and fall down our cheeks.

Where are You?  Can You see me?

The Ugly Duckling lost in the woods pining a place to belong. A reason for being.

We don't know the beauty that lies beneath.

We don't see You arms open.

We don't see the tears You cry too.

We are unraveled.

We are undone.

All we wanted was the best.  What we got was a mess. 

A clay pot made for displaying beauty, smashed into shards and dust.

Jeremiah 18:3-4
So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel.  But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Sweet One,

Colorful broken pieces in every shape and hue lie shatter on a dirty cement floor...

I see you struggling to pick them up alone.

I call to you from right behind your shoulders, "Here, let Me."  But you can't hear Me.  The pain is too deep, your faith too small.  I watch in sorrow as you cut your hands on the jagged edges of a heartache that is far too great for you to handle, far too complex for you to understand.

I call to you again, "Come." You are so weighted in your brokenness that you can't understand My peace.

I know you want to just put the heavy pieces down.  I know you long to put them back together the way they were.  After the messes, heartache, and circumstances that caused this pain, those pieces just won't fit together the same way again.

I want you to see what I see...

Jumbled messes of purpose, color and light reflect a beautiful mosaic masterpiece.  My creation.  My love.  A picture of majesty and grace.

Let Me bind your wounds. Let Me carry your brokenness.  Child, I want you to see the masterpiece I am creating in you.  

The colors are brilliant and the work is flawless.  I am doing something new and soon you will see.  Even if the pieces aren't what you thought they would be, the result will be more than you can imagine.

-God
(Adapted from Notes from God for a Woman's Heart, by Brooke Keith)