Tuesday, December 1, 2015

To begin.

I am starting a devotional this month that goes through the story of Christ and his miraculous birth.

This time of year is super special for me. I hope that it will be for you too.

Today, we covered Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1-4. The question we pondered was what do these verses have to do with the Christmas story?

John 1:1-4

In the beginning the Word already existed.
    The Word was with God,
    and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.
God created everything through him,
    and nothing was created except through him.
The Word gave life to everything that was created,[a]
    and his life brought light to everyone.


Here are my thoughts. 

I read further in John, and it struck me about verse 10. How many times do we miss the very existence of God in our daily life? The creation didn't recognize their creator. When he came there were only a few that believed HE was the promise they had heard about. I love that during Christmas I am reminded again how deep the Father's love for me is. That, in the beginning, HE knew I would need him, that HE is the beginning and ending. Every light, tree, gift, song and card reminds me how precious I must be to Him that he faced intense rejection, pain, suffering and sorrow to have a relationship with me! I love Christmas. It gives me peace and blesses me to know God was intentional from the very beginning and remains so eternally. Praise God.

What are your thoughts as we begin the season?