Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Gratitude

This year has been quite a ride!  On the verge of a new year, we all think about making resolutions and goals.  I made goals last year, but not because of a new year.  I made them because I wanted a new me.  Lasting permanent changes.  

I don't think I accomplished it all as I had hoped.  I am a work in progress still.  

Tonight, I can say this, that each day brought a new lesson in gratitude. 

 I am grateful for my love notes from God.  I am blessed that He takes time to remind me each day of his deep love for me and His saving work on the cross.  I don't deserve His kindness and care, but I welcome it and crave it.  I would be nothing without Him.

My goals are the same.  I still have much to work through.  I still have much to learn.  I am still wandering in the wilderness through certain areas of my life.

Many changes have been made.  I still need more and only God can do the work in me.

I want restoration in my prayer life.  I want to be more diligent in all areas of my life.  I want a daily quiet time with Jesus.  I want the hurts to be laid to rest and healed.  I want the barriers that I put up to come down.  I want to find one thing each day that I can be grateful for.  

I want more of Him and less of me.