Thursday, November 21, 2013

To be Moved, humbled and in awe.

I have always loved music.  My mom once told me that even when she was pregnant with me, she had to lay down while teaching piano because I would move so much as the kids played.

I believe God created me with music as the fibers in my muscles and structures of my bones.

I watched a video this morning of a little girl who put coins in a hat place in front of a musician.  The event that took place from there is, to say the least, moving and inspiring.

http://www.amazingoasis.org/2013/11/best-coin-ever-spent.html

It doesn't matter what language it is in or where it took place.  The fact is that I could worship God as much as those who were standing in that crowd.  I longed to soar with the notes to heaven.

The friend that had posted this video shared a memory of singing that tune with words from Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.  I never knew that there were lyrics.

Jesu, joy of man’s desiring,
Holy wisdom, love most bright;
Drawn by Thee, our souls aspiring
Soar to uncreated light.
Word of God, our flesh that fashioned,
With the fire of life impassioned,
Striving still to truth unknown,
Soaring, dying round Thy throne.

Through the way where hope is guiding,
Hark, what peaceful music rings;
Where the flock, in Thee confiding,
Drink of joy from deathless springs.
Theirs is beauty’s fairest pleasure;
Theirs is wisdom’s holiest treasure.
Thou dost ever lead Thine own
In the love of joys unknown.

I am moved. Humbled.  I kneel before my King in awe of WHO HE IS!